Samstag, 8. August 2009

Leaving Germany


Today is the day. I’m leaving Berlin, the coolest city in Germany, maybe even in Europe, to spend one academic year at the University of Alabama in America’s Deep South. Although most people’s reaction to this is: “Alabama! Why in the world would you want to go to Alabama?” I’m pretty excited and I think it’ll be a great year. Whatever it will turn out to be, it will definitely be a great experience when all’s concluded. What I’m not too excited about is the eight hour flight that lies ahead of me. Sitting in a tube that is not bigger than a medium sized movie theatre, with 300 other people who probably all have swine flu, is not my idea of having a great time. What happened to this idea of “Beaming” people from one place to another? Well I guess if you want to have an omelet you have to break some eggs.

PS: To all of you who are wondering why I decided to write this blog in English. A: because a great amount of my friends do not speak German at all and I wanted them to have the opportunity to read my blog as well. And B: my German grammar skills are probably weaker than my English grammar skills, plus when it comes to grammar or spelling mistakes I can always refer to myself as a non native speaker. Pretty sneaky hmm?

I hope you are ready for more, because I am.

Soon,

Eike

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen