Samstag, 8. August 2009

What a day


Back in America! Landing in the United States is always different but you really know that you hit the right country when you walk your way to customs and you walk on the cheapest industrial made blue carpet you can think of.
Having friends who can show you around town really helps a lot especially when it comes to a city like NY. Driving through NYC in a nice Cadillac already made the eight hour flight from Germany worthwhile. Since my friend Christian and I are super Seinfeld gigs we went to the coffee shop which always appeared in the TV show. After having a decent meal (probably around 1200 calories) and a freely refilled coke--in Germany this practice doesn’t exist--we took a walk through the campus of Columbia University (which, by the way, I wouldn’t mind attending after my Bachelors.)
Although NY is a wild city, and when you drive through it you immediately get the impression that none of those people can possibly have a driver’s license, I fell in love with the city right away. This also had to do with my friends Chris and Chris who really showed me a great time. If you have the chance, try it out yourself, I can clearly recommend it. There is one thing you have to keep in mind when going to NY though: “don’t take no shit from nobody”

Stay tuned.

Eike

4 Kommentare:

  1. omg... I want to be back in the Big Apple, too. As you said, NYC is a great city, and once you've been there, all you want is to come back as soon as possible.

    I'm really looking forward to your first UofAlabama post.

    Have a great time

    tim

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Eike,
    as your "old" aunt Mary (or little aunt) I enjoy you became a blogger. You`re the first blogger I become acquainted with. Thanks!! Have a nice time. Take care.
    Anne from Budberg

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Eike, on behalf of all Americans we welcome you and your money in this difficult time. I have never been to Alabama so I am looking forward to your blog and reading about how it is in the south. Don't pick up too many bad habits down there but a few would be fine so enjoy your time and keep blogging!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Dude, you know that this is only going to work if you update it once in a while, right? ... ;)

    AntwortenLöschen